We welcome tours of our Golden Flake Manufacturing Plants. Our free tour is a fun, learning experience where you will see the production process of Golden Flake chips and snacks, from fresh whole potatoes and corn to the finished great tasting packaged snacks on their way to your local supermarket.
These educational tours of our Birmingham Manufacturing operations are usually available Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays and production schedule changes) at 9:30 AM, 11 AM, and 12:30 PM (Central Time).
Groups of 10 or more must have a reservation! We can usually accommodate smaller groups on the tour days, but we recommend that you call to check capacity availability and production schedules.
Tours of our Ocala Manufacturing Plant are given on Wednesday at 10 AM, and are by reservation only.
To ensure your safety and our manufacturing integrity, the following rules must be followed:
1. All jewelry must be removed or covered. Watches, wedding bands, and medical alert items are exempt.
2. Only closed toed and closed heel shoes may be worn in the Plant. This is a walking tour, please be aware of wet floors and vehicle traffic.
3. All tour participants must be 5 years of age or older. Our tours last approximately 45 minutes.
4. Handbags, backpacks, briefcases, etc. are not allowed on the tour. Please secure these items in your vehicle.
5. No cameras or video recorders of any kind are allowed in the manufacturing areas.
6. Golden Flake Snack Foods reserves the right, for business reasons, to cancel, postpone or decline tour requests.
7. School Field Trip reservations will open on September 1 of each year. Please call early in the school year as our tour is very popular and fills quickly.
8. Our tour is wheel chair accessible.
9. Notice: Allergens are present! No peanuts are processed here, but other allergens, including, but not limited to, milk, soy, and wheat.
For plant tour reservations at the Birmingham, AL location, please call: 1-205-458-7188 or email Delois Smith at email@example.com
For the Ocala, FL location, please call: 1-800-239-9022
When making your reservation, please provide your name, contact information, group size and the date you would like to tour.
After your Birmingham Plant Tour, stop by our Company Store and shop a wide variety of our delicious chips and snacks, Golden Flake branded apparel and other fun items!
COMPANY STORE HOURS (Non-tour times)
Monday –Thursday 1-4 PM and Friday 6 AM – 9 AM Closed on Holidays